The factory of Salins was founded in 1857 in the old Capucins covent. The factory benefited from the hydraulic power of the river and of the many roads and railways. In spite of administrative difficulties, this earthenware factory maintained its activity through out the 19th century. Salins was awarded with the gold medal in the International Exhibition of Decorative Arts in Paris in 1912. Salins has manufactured some Barbotine and Art Déco Majolica oyster plates from 1880s to 1960s.